Beauty. Fashion. Lifestyle

Shop My Faves...

Sunday 19 April 2020

Glossier Review...

"Your Beauty Glows From The Inside Out..."


Okay, I know, I am very late to the Glossier party! It was very overwhelming online when they started shipping to the UK and, if I'm honest, I hadn't really heard a lot about them before that so I didn't really know what all the fuss was about. I absolutely love wearing and applying make up but I love a more natural, glowy look so I started doing my research and bought four Glossier products. If you would like to hear what I have to say then carry on scrolling.



Firstly, I did not realise that they sold sets. What a great idea and a great way to try a few items out and save money! I went for 'The Makeup Set' which contained 'Boy Brow', 'Cloud Paint' and 'Lash Slick' £35 instead of £43. What surprised me even more was that you could choose your own shades. Normally in sets like this you don't always get the shades you want but, Glossier allows you to mix and match.

'Boy Brow' Brown £14

This is a great cool tone shade of brown and it isn't messy to use. The small brush makes it easier and more precise to apply. I still use Soap Brows to set my brows in place but that's just because of the shape and unruliness of my brow hairs! Boy Brow gives you that fluffy brow look which doesn't stiffen or even flake off. Even after I apply Soap Brows, it doesn't budge!
Would I buy this again?
Absolutely.

'Cloud Paint' Puff £15

Now I knew as soon as I was going to place an order with Glossier, I would have to buy a 'Cloud Paint'. This is the only product that has not had one negative mention when I have read and watched reviews. I adore cream products, especially blush... so the hardest decision was "Which shade do I buy?" I decided to go for 'Puff' as it is a light, cool pink and matched a similar shade to when I blush naturally. This is buildable and so easy to blend. You only need a small amount so I have a feeling that this tube will last me a while. Next shade on my wish list is 'Dawn' a gorgeous coral colour!
Would I buy this again?
100%

'Lash Slick' £14

Glossier defines this as "The perfect everyday black mascara" and I couldn't agree more. I have used my beloved Maybelline Lash Sensational for years but now I am switching between the two. Although 'Lash Slick' doesn't give me the same curl that Lash Sensational does I still really enjoy using it. It makes my lashes look long, doesn't transfer and the brush makes it easy to get right to the root without getting it all over your lids. 
Would I buy this again?
Only if I was to buy this whole set which, I most probably will! I still enjoy Lash Sensational and it is slightly cheaper. 

'Stretch Concealer' G9 Warm Medium £15

This is one of the products that was definitely like 'Marmite' in the reviews. However, what sold me was that people were complaining about how this didn't set and had light coverage. For me, that is perfect for my under eyes. It is available in 12 shades which I think should be extended. If I was to buy it again I would go for the next shade deeper, especially coming up to the warmer months. As previously mentioned, I love a glowy and dewy look so I do really love this concealer. Since buying it, it's the only concealer I've used. Some days I've gone without foundation and just worn this alone. However, it doesn't fully cover my blemishes. I would use 'Boing' from Benefit instead as that is "Industrial strength" and the tiniest amount covers redness. 
Would I buy this again?
Yes, in a different shade.

Smaller details...


  • UK Shipping is free over £30. I'd recommend buying a set like I did or ordering a few bits at the same time.
  • You get a free 'Glossier' sticker and infamous pink make up bag. Let's be real, I'm not going to stick the sticker anywhere but it's nice to get something free. The bag, on the other hand, is a lot sturdier than I thought a free bag would be and it's a nice size for popping a few things in your handbag without them rolling around everywhere!
  • You get to choose a free sample. You currently get a choice of 7 x samples to choose between. I chose 'Futuredew' £23 which is a glowy, oil serum. I'm yet to try it out simply because it's currently Lockdown here in the UK and I think it would be a bit of a waste! However, before I do another Glossier order, I will definitely try it just in case I need to order a bottle. 

So, what's next on my Glossier wish list?

'Brow Flick' £15. The reason I didn't purchase 'Brow Flick' this time was because I already use a similar product from Soap and Glory and I had only just bought a new one so I wanted to use that one up first. However, it is certainly a product that I know I will love so I best get saving!

I hope that you have enjoyed this post and that it has helped you to make some decisions. It's a bit of a "love or hate" brand but, in my opinion, if you like a more natural, soft and glowing look then I think you will love it. If you prefer a full face of make up and like experimenting with lots of bright colours, it's not going to be for you. 

Best wishes, 

Jade x






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this review! Thank you.... I’ve been wanting to try Glossier too but never took the plunge. I like to see products in the flesh / in shops first. So this review defo gave me better insight. I hope to try Glossier soon. The cloud paint sounds so nice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for this splendid review. You have covered each and every aspect. Hoping to see more review like that one. Good Job !

    ReplyDelete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig