Beauty. Fashion. Lifestyle

Shop My Faves...

Sunday 4 November 2018

Pink Skincare Favourites...

"Skin First. Make Up Second. Smile Always..."



So, it's been a good few months since I posted on here and to be honest, at times, I haven't missed it or even felt guilty about not doing it. I love Instagram and Twitter, I use them both daily but my blog has always been something I have said from the beginning that I will never force myself to do if I am not in the mood for it. I've never blogged a certain amount of times a week simply I don't want anything to come across as forced and blogging is my hobby which I want to continue to enjoy. Skincare, for me, is definitely something that I have been getting more and more interested in as the years go by. My skin is changing a lot so I need to be on top of my skincare products and know what works well for my skin. Just so that you know, I have combination skin which means that I have oily areas (T-zone) and dry areas (Lips, Hair line & cheeks) I used to have dry/sensitive skin but as I said, my skin has definitely changed over the years. 

I don't actually mean for a lot of my skincare to be pink...it just kinda happened that way!

First up we have these beautiful products from Antipodes. This brand started off in New Zealand and uses a lot raw super-fruit extracts in their products. Both the 'Day Cream' and 'Facial Exfoliator' have a unique scent and for those of you with sensitive skin, these are both very calming and gentle. The light exfoliator can be used frequently as it's very gentle and as it buffs away at your skin it leaves it feeling nourished as it contains avocado oil to keep your face hydrated. I can easily wear the Rejoice Day Cream under make up as it sinks in nicely. Just like the exfoliator, this also contains avocado oil so using the two products together really helps to keep any dry patches nicely moisturised especially coming up to the winter months. 
Next up we have this amazing Rose Water Trio from Garnier. If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen these 3 quite a lot over the years. They cost around £5 each and are incredibly gentle on the skin, the Rose Water toner is definitely a product I like to use to wake my skin up as it is so refreshing to use. 
A brand that I have loved since I was in my late teens, Liz Earle. It's a family favourite and the Cleanse & Polish is definitely a product that I know my Mum and Aunty love. It took me a while to get used to a different scent as I love the original but this one works just as well and I know Liz Earle are always releasing limited edition ones. I use this to remove my make-up. I use one pump and apply it to dry skin, I rub gently all over my face, focusing on my eye area as that is where I tend to wear the most make up. I then wipe it off using a warm, damp cotton cloth which you can buy from Liz Earle. If I am using my Magnitone cleansing brush, I then use another pump, apply it all over my face and use my cleansing brush to remove any last bits of make up. 
Here is a product I've only started using in the past few months. This 'Drying Lotion' from Mario Badescu has been ideal for applying to my spots before bed time. I don't tend to get a lot of spots but when I do they seem to scar and hang around. I use a cotton bud and tap it into the pink mixture at the bottom of the bottle then apply it to my spots. (Be sure never to put the used cotton bud back in the bottle!) In the morning, the spot has calmed and dried out so it isn't sore and so obvious. I won't use this every night just when I've noticed a few spots on my face.
Pixi is a brand I have been loving this year, I mean yes the packaging of all of the products is all pink perfection but they actually work too! I started out using the Glow Tonic which was great but it was quite strong for my skin so instead I switched to this Rose Tonic and it suits my skin a lot better. This states that it will 'minimise redness and calm skin down' which I definitely agree with. Just like the Drying Lotion, I don't use this every day as I don't feel like my skin needs it.
Finally, this duo is something new to my skincare routine. Palmers 'Perfecting Facial Oil' is a product I've used for a while however, I've recently been using it with my new Rose Quartz face roller and the two work together nicely. Rose Quartz Jade face rollers are said to make your skin tighter and improve the circulation. I've only been using it for around 2 weeks and haven't noticed a difference yet but it is very relaxing.

So there we have it, my pink skincare favourites. I hope that you enjoyed this post, I'm hoping to create a similar post dedicated to my favourite face masks as I love using them and think that they are incredible for your skin.

Have a beautiful day!

Much love, 

Jade x 




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Glad to see another blog post from you Jade! I love Mario Badescu drying lotion!

    ReplyDelete

© JadeAnnLoves... | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig